Deer’s Mead Access Statement
Our aim is to allow guests with a disability or specific requirements, access to our park. We will always try to meet a guest’s particular needs, if at all possible.
- Access to the park is off the A140 and down 200m of a B road.
- The gates are locked overnight for security, between 11pm and 7am.
- The park is almost level and pitches are reached from a main loop road.
- All the pitches are fully serviced, each with 16amp electric supply, a television socket, a drinking water tap and a grey water waste disposal drain.
- Mobile phone coverage is patchy, however, you can generally get a reception just up on the A140.
- The reception has a tourist information area, with seating. There is a freezing facility for freezer blocks, located in the laundry room.
- Free wifi is available across the park.
Facilities for disabled guests
- The main park road is flat and suitable for wheelchairs.
- There is a spacious, fully equipped disabled room in the shower block.
- The washing up room and laundry are accessible for disabled guests but the access is from a sloping path.
Facilities for dog owners
- Dog waste bins are located around the park.
- There is a large common behind the park and quiet roads and footpaths in the village, ideal for dog-walking.
- We have a fenced dog walk available at our other park, Deer’s Glade, which is a 1.5 mile drive from Deer’s Mead.
- We offer a dog-sitting service at our farm for daytime or overnight stays (extra charge).
- The local bus route is a 10 minute walk from the park.
- The nearest train station is 5 miles away.
- Local taxis are available and we would be happy to book them for you at reception.
- Various cycle routes are available from reception.
- There is a list of emergency telephone numbers located at reception.
- Fire extinguishers are located around the park.
- The nearest defibrillator is located at Deer’s Glade Caravan & Camping Park, White Post Road, Hanworth, NR11 7HN.
- There is first aid trained member of staff available at Deer’s Glade, contactable by telephone, 24/7.
- An emergency warden’s telephone number is displayed in the door of reception overnight.
- A member of staff is always on hand to help with whatever we can.